Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Monday, April 4, 2011

When Friday doesn't come


Lately I have been sitting here day in and day out looking out the window, hoping waiting and anticipating FRIDAY. But what do you do when Friday doesn't come? I mean, people who go to School and/or work on Monday brag about the good times they had over the weekend, the friends they met up with, the BBQ's, the movies, CHURCH, and me... well, I made it to the park for 30 minutes and had to leave quickly because the wind was so high. Come on, you make it to Wednesday and your adrenaline starts to excelerate because if you can make it to "LUNCH" you have made it over the "hump day" and by now, you can coast into Friday. BUT, what do you do, when Friday DOESN'T come? Most prepare for "friday" happy hour, movies with the family, a party, the beach, bowling, PAYDAY, and the list goes on. You are now ready for the weekend, you have shouted TGIF, whereas we, FM/CFS, can't see Friday no where in sight, there is no rest places for us to escape from, like the young executive running from the Corp. CEO, who do we run from, where do we go, when everyday is a Blue Monday? The solace we hold onto is the fact that when everyday is Monday, we recall that yesterday is Sunday, therefore we have HOPE.

We can't plan to go to the Family Reunion on Saturday or to go to the annual parade, your little sister's wedding, the little league with your child, because the sun is just not setting right, the bleachers are just a little too hard, the crowd will be a bit too close, and you can't CHANCE getting "bumped" because you are already in a lot of pain. So..... what do you do, when Friday doesn't come? I mean, you now know every SHOW on every network on cable for Friday, yet your family and friends are clueless, because they have someplace fun to go. What do you do when your fun spot is in front of the heating pad, or standing bent over under a scorching HOT shower, or maybe even an ICE cold one to freeze your pain. When Friday does come here is what we do, make sure that we have plenty of batteries for our TENS unit, enough magazines to cover the weekend, water to go, just in case, fruit, cheese and crackers in case someone "drops" in, you still have tokens from the game room that you have had the prior 53 Fridays, you stock up on Popcorn, got blankets on standby, because you know if they come, you will have to cover up as they tell you it's too hot and start turning on YOUR fans and AC, then you realize, it's Friday, just not yours, because when you have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and Lupus or any chronic illness, Friday just does not come. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment