Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fleeting and Fastly Fading Friendships


I have been having "Pains" for as far back as I can remember, and I do know that upon every visit to the doctor, my pain level was 8-10. But over time and of being overlooked and dropped through the cracks when the Home Invader moved in and slammed me, I soon found out QUICK who was my real friends, and I learned the painful truth about Fleeting, and Fastly Fading Friends. When the pain became so overbearing to the point, I was going days without sleep, because whenever I would lay down, night or day, the pain would tap me in the back and remind me that it was still there, still active, and still awake.

Not really knowing what was going on with me, (go figure) and even got to the point, I felt like I was losing my mind, I couldn't remember things, the PAIN was/had taken over. When I finally mustered up enough strength to try to find out what was going on, all roads were leading to the Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I slowly began to tell friends, and as I told them, they slowly started to flee and fade away fastly.

Overtime, some of my friends, who I thought were really good close friends just quit calling, quit replying to my texts, my emails, my phone calls, well reluctantly, I quit too. It had become too much for me to keep up, because by now, it is like the water dams have broken and not only am I dealing with pain, I am dealing with a entourage of symptoms that has literally consumed me and exaperated all my STRENGTH.

There is a friend who has not faltered nor failed me. He has been there to wipe away the tears I cry at night, He is there to speak LIFE, HOPE and HEALING into my heart, my mind, my body, my spirit. He is always there. At first, for a brief moment, I took for granted that I didn't deserve His presence, His mercy, His grace, because surely, I did something to bring this on, and my Friend reminded me that His grace is sufficient and that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. So these days, when I have no one to rely on, no one to talk to... no one that "really" understands who I am and what I am dealing with, this ONE FRIEND, yet remains faithful and unfailing. I AM so grateful to have a friend like the Lord, a Friend who will never leave you, never forsake you, a friend who will be with me always, even to the very end.

I just believe that even in the confusion of all this pain, that on the last day of this life of mine, HE will be there holding me, and welcoming me into His eternal home, I see we embracing each other as friends, yet in love with each other, with a story in my eyes that simply said, "I kept the faith, I fought a good fight, had it hard, had to walk this road many times alone, clouded from my tears, but I kept the faith. Family turned on me, friends walked away without an understanding, but Jesus, Lord Jesus I kept the faith, then for one quick moment, I close my eyes just to reopen them in the New Jerusalem.
Jesus is a friend who has never, will never fail.

2 comments:

  1. Pinki,
    I just wanted you to know that I do understand your pain and hurt.
    I was recently diagnosed with FM but I've had it for years.
    When I read your blogs my heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing your heart with ppl like me. I needed to read your blog. I am so sorry you are going thru this. We will overcome because we are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the Words of our testimony!
    I am starting a FM awareness/support group in my area because we don't have one and because I don't want others to suffer like I have for sooooo long all alone. There's always hope. :)
    Gentle hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelkey, it's good to know we are not alone and that there is "someone" in real time that knows and understands. Don't know I missed your comment, please forgive me. Where do you live? When starting an awareness group, get one person you can depend on to get all your literature, and even to print things off the internet. Wishing you well, with gentle soft hugs ~<3~

      Delete