Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slept like a salad


Well, it has been a while since I have been on this blog, due to the pain, the stress (of which I am "trying" to control), having to had to move and so on and other things I can't recall.... I did go to the Island (Galveston) yesterday to try to get some peace through this pain, getting to the Island does that for me, getting so close to God down there, but yesterday... was a different story. The sun and the chiggers were irritating my skin like crazy, so I could only manage maybe an hour on the beach front, then it was back to the mainlands of Houston. Went through a few days of absolutely no sleep. The Neurontin I was on was creating nightmares, I was walking into walls, etc., etc., etc...

I have a friend who calls every day or text me and ask the same three dumb questions: How are you? Are you feeling any better? Did you sleep good? And me with my sarcastic side, give dumb answers: I am well and about to go jogging, I FEEL Fantastic, (with emphasis on feel) and I sleep good til you woke me up. Then she will say really!! I then confess no, when I give you a dumb answer like that is because you ask the same dumb question everyday. There are NO good mornings, I wake up in pain, I wake up tired, because of the lack of sleep because the PAIN kept me up and I am going to go to work or jogging or shopping or something, to take my mind off the pain, just as soon as I count my spoons to see if I can afford the energy to figure out what to wear... then she start laughing, and say oh I see, then I will ask, are you SURE, you don't have fibro fog?

Well, last night as all nights I slept like a salad, tossing and turning and turning and tossing, just to get in a comfortable position, that never came. Feeling like the lettuce and the tomatoes in the bowl and then here comes the prongs on the one side, and as soon as I think I am comfortable i get jabbed on the other side (PAIN) with the tongs, til they just don't stop, (spasms).Took benadryl to try to go to sleep, there was a time not too long ago, when that worked, now, the Benadryl, just runs straight through me, and an hour later after laying down trying to force sleep, my eyes will systematically POP open. Going in to see the Rheumatologist tomorrow. Praying for an answer. Praying for a touch~

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pinki,

    As I read your posts I am instantly there with you. Your story is my story! Most nights I would turn the lights off and my eyes would pop wide open so I tossed and turned while watching the hands of the clock spin with every turn. The pain has been relentless and unforgiving. Fibro fog left me so confused that deciding which tomato to buy would turn into emotional outbreaks and fleeing the store.

    For many years, I was told I had Rheumatoid Arthritis only to be told 15 years later it was Fibro. Since 2009 I was virtually bed-ridden due to spasms and my quality of life was greatly diminished. When I could get out of bed, I used a cane and walker.I took 7 kinds of meds to get through the day and night including Lyrica and Lunesta. Then I was in a drug fog with less pain. Anyway, I share this with you Pinki because of your nursing background. You may have heard of glutathione-a master anti-oxidant the body makes and produces less of as we age. I had to google it the first time I heard of it. In 2009 a friend told me about a supplement which got me out of bed and got me off all that toxic medicine (with doctors blessing). My story is absolutely true and nothing had ever helped me before. I share it with everyone especially other fibro sufferers.

    We are FB friends so if you would like more info please inbox me and I will send you the link to the site. This product is only available online.

    Please stay in touch as I really care and would not ask you dumb questions. I am a great listener and would love to help you.

    Angela Zechinato
    azech49@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete