Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Since I started journaling this journey

I am going to attempt to catch up with my journey of PAIN and discontentment. I started searching for answering in Feb. 2011 as these "symptoms" begin to spiral out of control, it became harder to get up and go and the PAIN intensified.
3-28-11 Monday
Got out of bed about 0328am for the second time with shortness of breath, choking, gagging and spitting up. The first time I woke up it was because of the pain in my BACK and arms which was about #9. Awake again @ 0520 with low back pain still at #9. At 0815am back in spasms and in throbbing pain - 10+ hello Monday :-(
@ 1:30pm the pain was still so great I went back to bed. So sleepy, I can't go to sleep because of the PAIN. I took off my shirt, because it was irritating just because it was touching me. I cry, I pray, I anoint myself with oil. Flashbacks of the past, Lord take them away, How DID all this get started. Deep stabbing burning pain in my neck, back and shoulders 10+. Intense burning pain in breasts and lymph nodes #9. Sitting on the side of the bed in the middle of the afternoon rocking back and forth, the pain won't go away. Thoughts racing, can't focus on nothing but the PAIN. I know I got things to do, calls to make, a job to try to save, but the PAIN is taking over. Feels like I got hit inside by a Tsunami.
My body is tired but PAIN won't let me lay down. I am sleepy, my brain needs rest, but PAIN is running rampant. For this moment, right now, PAIN is winning,... but God. Lord please, I anointed myself.

3-27-11 Sunday
0200 still awake, sleepy went to bed just to be awakened at 0420 by the Intruder PAIN. Bloated abdomen, foot itching, rash on right foot that was the real culprit, pain #9. Small ringworm type rash to R side of stomach, been there for a few days, don't recall exactly when it appeared. Back to bed at 0548 only to have nightmares to wake me up at 0716am, PAIN from my neck down to midback area #10. Hands/arms, numb and painful. Stomach STILL hurting, bloated and gassy. #10+. 11pm painful chest wall #6.

3-26-11 Saturday
Woke up at the usual time stiff and in PAIN. Veterans hosting a benefits fair in Pasadena, things to help only VETS, so I went, after an hour of walking and visiting vendors, was wore OUT. Arrived @ 11am and was on the road again home @ 1225pm. Extremely tired, can barely walk, hands/feet swollen, back/hips in pain #10. Home on the sofa asleep, NO appetite, out with daughter for an hour, energy drained to nothing. back home asleep. Feet, hands fingers still swollen. Hot shower, LE's HURT #9.

3-25-11 Friday
No sleep last night (thurs.) woke up at usual time after about 1.5 hours of sleep. Tramadol did NOT work, had me jittery ALL night. Finally got up @ 0515am, back PAIN #9, Arms/hands achy #7. Still hurting and stiff at 0720am.

3-24-11 Thursday
Woke up a little late today, family is interesting. Sent out a letter on facebook on what is going on. Info received via email to contact the VA to increase benefits. Used Fabulous Fred for comfort, so nice. Took tramadol for the pain to see if it would work. Old prescription. Pain today #9 whole back. Sensitivity to SMELL, had me extremely nauseated almost instantly. 0920 I am so sleepy, I just can't go!!!!

3-23-11 Wednesday Woke up with pain that was at 10+, feels as if someone kicked me in my back with a steel toe boot. EXTREME PAIN. Made an appointment with Dr. Jensen in Sugarland, called and started SSD/SSI process, appointment for APRIL 4. Went to the VA to have labs drawn, received papers to change PCP, all labs drawn were to check for Arthritis and HIV. Hard to walk and painful throughout the hospital. Neck/shoulder, Back PAIN. Knees painful, hands/arms and fingers feel really brittle. Memory is shot, extremely tired.
Went to a Support meeting tonight in Katy, very interesting, warm and inviting. Can't remember all that was there, I do know there was 2 Vickie's and a Pauline. (Fibro Fog) Recommended MaryJo Peckham Park in Kay for the swimming pool, they have like water therapy/exercises there. Also made mention of Katy free clinics and Katy mobile clinics, as well as the Angel Food network.
Some MD's to check out as they were referred:
Dr. Patricia Salvato in the Heights
Dr. Ron Buescher known as MDVIP on Main st.

3-22-11 Tuesday
Up at the crack of dawn with intense, extreme tearful PAIN to get mama to the hospital for her surgery. Sat all day in chairs that was uncomfortable, COLD and freezing to me even with my blanket, wearing a sweatshirt and jacket and beach ball for back support, running to check on her status everytime there was a code blue back in the area where she was just to get over stressed at the end of the day. Headache-mild. Neck and shoulder-painful. Back-PAIN. LEGS,KNEES, THIGHS-feel like HELL #10. Bloating, abdominal pain.

3-21-11 Monday
UP at 5am with SPASMS that has lasted all day and even at 5:25pm STILL spazzing, as well as Increased urination. Gentleman on news at 5am talking about younger people getting SSD. Abdominal cramping and pain, PAIN in back, neck and shoulders and chest wall. Itching all over. Nauseated and increase irritability. Feet swollen, fingers and hands ACHING!!! Freezing cold 90% of the day, it's about 75 degrees outside, bloating,

1 comment: