Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Thursday, May 19, 2011

D Day 5/19/11


Today I went in to the pain clinic after having called one day last week because in getting "in" bed super late one night after still unable to sleep, while climbing in the bed, I silently SCREAMED in horrific pain, have you ever screamed silently? It was about 4am this morning and the pain was so intense, I didn't want to alarm the others who were sleep, so I SCREAMED within myself. The PAIN was so great, I fell on the bed, it was as if my whole leg was twisted with a human sized vice grip, well, the next morning I called the clinic to make a right now appointment, it took about 2 weeks to get seen, which was today, and the doctors FINALLY confirmed what I already feared and prepared my mind for: Fibromyalgia. They gave me the game plan, I can't even tell you what they said it would entail. The doctor made comment of treating me in 2006 with "Trigger" injections, of course I recalled it NOT! So we are back at square one for treatment, but now with a Diagnosis. Today was D Day, the Day they finally Diagnosed this, they also want to check and see if I had had a stroke due to the one sided weakness going on while he was examining me. I am so sore right now, spazzing in my back ALL day today. Spazzing in my shoulders, and collar bone area, and chest wall pain as I sit here and type. Hands feels like broken shattered pieces of glass, no strength in the wrists whatsoever. Knees, thighs, hips and buttocks in constant spasms and sharp shooting type pains. Tomorrow will hopefully be better, it is 1:58pm and I am going to try to lay down on a pad of ice.

1 comment:

  1. I thought my Fibro was bad! After dealing with this for at least 7 years I still have extremely bad days. I have learned several techniques , which do not include drugs like Lyrica. I am somewhat accident prone. I frequently drop things as my right hand is weak.I am able to walk the dog and do some chores but I know my limits and my Husband is ther to remind me that, on my good days I don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete