Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Relaxing Bath


Look no further than your bathroom for relief. Your grandmother always said that there's nothing much that a bath can't fix. A nice, long soak may be just the ticket to put some steam into your motor and get you going.

Bridge The Gap

Conversely, a warm bath may help soothe you enough to lull you to sleep after a wearying day of battling your condition. There are times when the fatigue seems overwhelming, but it never fails to surprise us just how fatigue can linger without ever resulting in restful sleep. Sometimes a special bath can help bridge the gap between fatigue and elusive sleep.

Here are some tips for making the most out of bath time:

*Darken the room but provide some soft light with candles.

*Make sure the bath isn't too hot. Too hot equals poor circulation and fatigue. You want to lull yourself to sleep, not wipe yourself out.

Self-massage

*Treat yourself to a self-massage just before you have your soak. Start with your temples, move down to your neck muscles, and on down to your upper arms. Massage your hands, then your thighs, calves, and feet.

*Listen to music, or if you prefer, wear ear plugs to block out distracting household noise.

*Place an oil burner in your bathroom and use any essential oils that you like. For serenity, try: frankincense, germanium, lavender, and ylang ylang.

*If your eyes feel very tired, try wearing an eye mask during your soak.

1) Bath of Roses: Add 6-8 drops of rose essential oil to your tub. Give your face an occasional spritz of rose water as you soak. Throw in some rose petals (from unsprayed roses) for good measure. Nosh on good quality dark chocolate, and listen to love songs. Repeat the following mantra, "Every cell in my body is healthy and loved."

Slow Down

2) Slow Down Bath: This bath recipe is for days when you feel rushed and harried and feel desperate for calm. Add to your bath the following essential oils:

6 drops ylang ylang

4 drops Vetiver—this herb lifts depression and removes the burnout feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment