Changed for Purpose

It is has been a desire, a passion, a dream and a goal of mine since starting a career as a nurse to do more for others, now that I can no longer WORK, I can still help by making others across the nation and around the world more aware of the Invisible monster that has already attacked and literally changed the lives of millions. I began the journey of hospice nursing, in aiding and helping families and patients in the disease, dying, death and grieving process to cope with their illness and what to expect next. Now my journey in life is carrying me in another direction, yet helping others.

I do believe that I am a Woman of Purpose and my sickness does not define me or my Destiny, I still have a job to do for the Lord, as long as their is breath in my body, I shall continue the assignment I have been assigned to do, since the Foundations of the World.

I also want to share with you an opportunity for Support on the local, national and global levels. I pray the pages of this journal will help you with your own Journey.

Veronica Moore

Saturday, June 18, 2011

10 tips for travelling

I thought this was pretty useful since I am doing a lot of travelling now. TOP 10 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING WITH FIBRO

1.Give yourself ample time to plan and pack. Try to be packed a week before your departure. Work out what the specific problems associated with travelling are going to be for you, whether it’s sitting still, needing a toilet frequently or having to walk long distances in an airport.

2.Ask for and accept help. It’s all very well being independent, but if it means you arrive at your destination in a major flare, it’s unlikely to be worth it. If you need a wheelchair to get on the plane ask for it, if you think you will be doing a lot of walking, talk a cane, it will help.

3.Try and be in the best shape possible physically before you even start, get a good night sleep, drink extra water and eat more fruits and veggies.

4.Have a portable travel medications pack. Try not to check your meds with your luggage, or pack them in the bottom of your suitcase, keep them on you or in your carryon.

5.Take travel supplies of pain relieving products, such as TENS unit, tennis balls, inflatable beach ball....

6.Take your own easy to open and digest snacks and water, don't forget antinausea meds.

7. Choose your clothes and shoes wisely so that you can dress comfortably.

8.Take comfort items, such as your favorite blanket and travel pillow, heating pads, temporary icepacks.

9.Choose your seating position in the vehicle, whether it is a car, train or ‘plane, so as to make it as easy as possible for you.

10.Stretch and take plenty of breaks.

Don't forget to relax, take it easy and enjoy yourself. Take it one step at a time. The whole point of preparing for a journey when you have Fibro is to make it easier for you, not to stress

No comments:

Post a Comment